Have you been wondering if your partner could be your soulmate? Or could they also be your twin flame? Are these two interchangeable, or are there key differences you should be aware of? In this article, we’ll be discussing the real difference between soulmate and twin flame. Furthermore, you’ll have a clearer view of the following:
- Soulmate twin flame difference
- Choosing between soulmate and twin flame: Who’s better?
- What is a soulmate like?
- What is a twin flame for?
Detecting the Soulmate and Twin Flame Difference
The first step towards detecting the soulmate and twin flame difference is giving a clear-cut definition of the two. Watching too many Hollywood romantic films could actually brainwash you. It could get you into thinking that your soulmate is really the one for you. But the connection does not always have to be romantic or sexual in nature. This is a very common misconception people have.
But soulmates are not only in people you’re intimate with. They could be your friends, family, or even people you work with. But the key difference between soulmate and twin flame is this. Twin flames are one soul that has been split into two bodies. Whereas soulmates are two separate souls that are just incredibly connected with one another.
A soulmate can be your love connection, but could also be someone who simply knows you very well and accepts you completely. With no bias, no judgment, no demands. They usually mirror your strengths, weaknesses, and even share your dreams.
The moment you meet your soulmate, you’re automatically driven to become the best version of yourself. They make difficult times bearable and push you to become better at everything you do. Inspiration is the main ingredient in your relationship. Your soulmate could also remind you of the kind of passionate, talented, and gifted person that you are but have somehow forgotten.
In short, your soulmate is a source of strength, hope, and inspiration. The thought that someone believes in you no matter how much you mess up is a motivation in itself. A constant reminder that it’s not how many times you fall down, but how many times you dust yourself off and try again.
Twin Flame Definition
So twin flames are two halves of one soul that mirror each other- all your strengths and weaknesses tossed in. They connect intensely, instantaneously, as romantic partners. It’s usually because they have similar pasts or share the same pain.
However, twin flames aren’t always about romantic relationships. And this is the main difference between soulmate and twin flame- it’s hard. They require a massive amount of effort to make things work. The idea is contrary to what people think that your twin flame should ‘complete’ you. They won’t, and nor should they. Because you’re supposed to be whole on your own.
Distinguishing Between Soulmate and Twin Flame
These things being said, how would you know if the people you’ve met or are about to meet are your soulmate or twin flame? The soulmate and twin flame difference become quite obvious the moment you come in contact with that person. Soulmates almost always make you a better you. This isn’t exactly the case with your twin flame. You can collide, fight, and drive each other nuts.
Since your twin flame literally is the half of your soul, it’s hard to be away from them. So there’s a tendency for this connection to suck the life out of you. Your soulmate on the other hand will give you nothing but feelings of hope and affirmation.
Usually, you meet your twin flames in times and circumstances that you never quite expect. Either you or your twin flame is chasing after the other, or one of you is simply not ready or still unavailable emotionally. But one thing is for sure, the emotions are raw, powerful, and all-consuming.
On Karmic Relationships
Soulmates and twin flames can both be considered karmic relationships, as both need growth and healing. This karmic relationship could serve as a guide, but it’s really temporary. Twin flame relationships and karmic relationships are basically the same. Especially when it pertains to learning all of life’s lessons.
They come hand in hand for a divine purpose and balancing karma. Either way, these are people you made a spiritual agreement with before entering this life.
Clues For Knowing the Difference Between Soulmate and Twin Flame
Since knowing the difference between soulmate and twin flame can be quite tricky, here’s a list to help you distinguish one from the other.
- Supportive Nature. Soulmates are more focused on each other’s personal growth and development as people. In a twin flame relationship, however, it’s deeper and more connected. They are more concerned about how they can enrich and benefit the lives of their partner.
- Lifetime Connection. When you meet your twin flame, you are emotionally attached to each other until the end of time. Yes, as in, forever. This is because you’re connection is on a much deeper level. Soulmates’ connection may just be there for a brief amount of time.
- Mutual Awareness. This is another difference between soulmate and twin flame. People in twin flame relationships are automatically aware of all the signs and deep connections between the two of them. Soulmates on the other hand may not even arrive at this kind of personal awakening throughout their relationship. If ever they do, it may take a while.
- Feeling of Security. Because twin flames have one destiny together, they have no reason to feel afraid or be insecure. Their bond can never be broken. But soulmates may need to overcome certain insecurities that may come their way. And if left unsettled, they might end up going their separate ways.
- Personal Attachment. Everybody needs some time away, far away from each other. This may ring true for soulmates. They could ask for space from their partners so they could focus more on their goals without any distractions. This is never the case with twin flames. The harder things get, the more they want to be around each other. To love and support, to give love and comfort when they need it the most.
- Emotional Pain. Soulmates may need to go through a long and winding road before they really grow on each other. Twin flames on the other hand have already been together in their past lives. This gives them a deeper insight into their partner’s mental, emotional and spiritual journey. Leading to a happier, and pain-free relationship.
- Beyond the Physical. Soulmates and twin flames could have an amazing physical and sexual connection if they want to. But the bond between twin flames simply goes beyond the call of the flesh. Yes, they may enjoy each other thoroughly physically. But they gain satisfaction more on an emotional and spiritual level.
- Single and Multiple Partnerships. A person can have multiple soulmates throughout their life. Either in the form of a good friend, a family member, or a romantic partner. But twin flames could only have one twin flame in their lifetime.
- Existence. Every person has a designated soulmate in this world. You may or may not meet in this lifetime. However, not everyone has a twin flame. Very few individuals having deep-rooted emotional and spiritual connections have one.
- Severed Communication Lines. Soulmates have the tendency to have their communication lines severed. This can be due to irreconcilable differences or even long-distance relationships. But twin flames will always stay connected no matter what. There’s no mountain high enough, river wide enough, or valley low enough. They will always find a way to go back in each others’ arms.
In the end, you might ask: So, which one is better? Soulmates or twin flame? There really is no straight answer to this question. It depends on who you ask. But it all boils down to a person’s inner growth. Yes, soulmate relationships may not be as intense, but twin flame relationships can become very chaotic. Mainly due to their deeper connection.
Either way, you meet certain people for a reason. Regardless of whether they stay forever, or are just passing through, they always have something to teach you. Meanwhile, never stop learning, growing, and trying to become the best version of yourself. So when you finally meet your soulmate or twin flame, there’s less fixing and more growing involved.